Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Hamburger Dills

You might remember Stephanie, the friend for whom I made this quilt. Steph is a fabulous gift giver and I cannot wait to blog and blog and blog about this one. A few weeks ago an entire home canning set found its way to my house. What a fabulous bday gift! CANNING! and PRESERVING! Seriously. Husband might have shaken his head a few times at me, but when the word 'pickles' was uttered he was on board.

Here it all is; canning salt, vinegar, dill, cucumbers, lids, bands, peppercorns, jars.

Cucumbers (from the Farmer's Market) sliced and ready to go.

The canning set-up; left front is brine, left back is lids simmering, right side is the canner (big, isn't it??).


The finished product. Give me 4-6 weeks and then I'll let you know how they turned out. Recipe is from the Ball Blue Book.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails