Monday, June 9, 2008

Playing Catch-Up

So, it's been almost a week since my last post. Things have been hectic at the Cultivated house. Between helping my sister with getting settled at her new job and taking an unexpected trip to our hometown because Husband's mom is sick and in the hospital, I haven't had time to blog. Now I can get back to the relaxing things in life... creating. Tonight I will finally get around to my Angel Apron. The sweet cherry pie I promised Husband might have to wait until tomorrow. I need a lemon. I've put off going to the store for only a lemon. I do have an orange, though. Orange juice is just as acidic as lemon juice, right??

Anyway, my life has not been totally creation free for the past week. On Thursday I attended a retirement dinner for a woman who has been teaching for 29 years. Anyone who knows this lady knows she loves to shop, loves clothes, and loves coordinating shoes with her outfits. She has more shoes than anyone else I know. So it was fitting that her card look like this...Forgive me for the photo... it was taken in my car while driving to the party. Dangerous! But I couldn't let this beauty pass by without sharing!

Hopefully in the next few days I'll have several things to share with you... a completed apron, a cherry pie, and fabric for my two swap projects (a pleated beauty bag and a set of placemats and napkins). These are my first swaps (well, technically one is just a give away as I am sewing the bag for someone who's previous swap partner never came through). I hope that my offerings exceed expectations, and that I get placemats and napkins that I will love using for a long time.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails