Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Richmond VA

Husband and I spent 4th of July weekend in Richmond, VA. Nice little town and an overall nice getaway. The fireworks display claimed to be the only show in the country to have fireworks, live music, and cannons to perform the 1812 Overture (which is Russian, by the way. Go figure...).

We had a great time and every moment of that weekend made me so happy to be married to this man. I don't think that there is anyone else with whom I would want to spend the good times and bad times. We got word that his 'Oma' (grandmother) had died during our vacation. It was upsetting news, but she's off to see Jesus now; no longer dealing with cancer and old age. We worry about Opa; how her death will affect him. Many times we remarked to each other, 'You are not allowed to die'.

So, today, on our 3rd anniversary I just thought I'd tell you all (and him) how much Andy means to me and how greatful I am for such a wonderful partner. Below are some of my favorite photos from the weekend in Richmond.


During the car-ride there. Horrendous traffic with a smile on his face.

Winking at yours truly before the fireworks started.

My happy husband. He's got a very happy wife. Happy anniversary, babe!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails