Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Simplicity SL350

My lovely mother-in-law gave me a serger about a year ago. It has been sitting in our office closet ever since. It emerged yesterday in the great closet clean-out of 2008. I've never used it, or any other serger for that matter. As much as I'd love to be a pro with the serger, I'm scared! Tell me this thing doesn't look daunting...The serger is threaded and working (second try! I've heard serger threading horror stories) and the tension even looks pretty good.


The order from first to last (and loosest to better[not best yet]) is left, right, top, bottom. I have some random knit jersey in the dryer to play with. My goal for the night is to learn how to keep the tails from unraveling. My other goal is to wash the brown shirting I bought to make
a dress/tunic from Simplicity 3835.

ETA- Knit jersey tank top is done. 4 seams and done- two side seams and two neck seams. Nothing else is finished (neckline, arm holes, hem) but WHO CARES! It's knit and it won't fray and it will never leave the house. This serger is incredible!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails