Friday, May 23, 2008

Whole Wheat Choco Chip Cookies

I love to bake. I hate to clean up afterwards. My husband loves to eat baked goods. He hates a messy kitchen. Oh, the duality of life! So, after a nice, tiring morning of teaching 150 4th graders archery, I decided to unwind through baking. Here's my favorite cookie in the whole wide world. Not sure where I got the recipe, it just ended up on a card in the kitchen (Allrecipes.com?).

1/2 C butter
1/3 C granulated sugar
2/3 C brown sugar
1 egg
2 egg whites
1 tsp vanilla
1 C whole wheat flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp salt
2 C oats
2/3 C semi-sweet choco chips
1/4 C walnuts
Bake at 350 for 8-10. Let rest on pan for 5 min. Cool on wire rack.

I love these cookies because the plain old dough to everything else ratio is ridiculously small. I mean, come on, look at that list! Spices, oatmeal, walnuts. These are fabulous. And they make the house smell like Christmas while they bake. I should probably wrap it up, as I am writing from the kitchen table, in direct reach of this (now much smaller) pile of cookies.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails