Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Spring Cleaning #1

For about 30 minutes tonight my house reeked like salad. But, my windows are now clean, so who cares.
I'm never buying Windex again. Here's my alternative.
Step 1. Go to Target. Anything that starts with going to Target will be a success. Buy a $0.79 bottle of white vinegar and a $0.99 spray bottle (you can't use a bottle that already had chemicals in it.)
Step 2. Mix 1/2 cup vinegar and 1 cup water in the bottle.
Step 3. Wash 9 windows, a sliding door, and the glass surrounding the front door. Have some spray left over to do the mirrors.

The windows look great (scrub really hard and buff out the streaks) and I didn't put any chemicals into the environment. Woo hoo! Ever get a taste of Windex spray in the air? Not good, not that I'll be drinking this anytime soon, but I was not at all worried about getting it on my skin or in the air near my face. And don't worry about the salad smell. It goes away once the window dries.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails