Saturday, April 19, 2008

Yoga Mat Bag

I look forward to yoga classes on Saturday mornings. I've even accumulated a bunch of yoga stuff. So, in order to get it all to and from class, I decided to whip up a large tote bag. I based the style of the bag off of the Amy Butler Chelsea bag. Finished size (approximately), 26 inches long, 7 inches deep, 14 inches tall.

Planning was the hardest part. I knew what dimensions I wanted to bag to be finished, but for the life of me could not decide what size pieces I needed. Lots of post-it notes later, I decided to start with the lining in case I wasn't spot on. Luckily, I was. I made a lining, outside, added a pocket to the lining, made ties to keep it quasi closed, and then made straps.

It's big and floppy (no time for interfacing!), but it holds everything and is comfortable to carry.





I attached the straps with blue stitching, not the neatest job ever, but it just lends credence to the fact that I put time and effort into my tote.




I am absolutely in love with how it turned out! What do you think?

Also, don't know where I came across this, but tuna cans make great fabric weights when cutting pieces without patterns! Nutritious, too.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails