Thursday, February 11, 2010

Welcome Back

It's been a long time, Internet. I haven't blogged in almost 4 months to the day. Do I know why? Ehhh.... life got very busy in November/December and creativity seems to dry up in the winter. I've been keeping busy recently with different projects, I've been inspired by things I'm seeing others do online, my sewing table is actually clean enough to work. So, all these things have converged and here I am. Lots of posts in the near future, I hope.

Here's a little glance into what was happening while I was away for so long. I made this quilt back in December as a Christmas gift for Husband's mother. The pattern is from Amy Karol's Bend the Rules Sewing (I have made 3 of these quilts. Love the pattern. Made another quilt this month that is actually NOT this pattern! Gasp!). I love the colors of this quilt and it came together beautifully.

And as far as future posts are concerned, I, like everyone else in the blogosphere, have fallen in love with Wendy Mullin's new book, Built By Wendy Dresses. Hopefully I'll be back next week to share my own 'dirndl sloper' [read 'dress pattern']. (And don't google dirndl if you don't know what it is. You'll just get lady lederhosen. Dirndl is a dress shape that I suppose is popular at Oktoberfest. My dirndl will NOT be that sort of dirndl. Sorry.)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails