Monday, October 13, 2008

Freeze Yer Buns 2008

Miss me? I've been around; cleaning house, preparing to move to VA, baking. I have not, however, been sewing. My machine is still in the shop. Tuesday is repair day, so I'm hoping to get a call tomorrow that it is ready. I suppose I could be readying projects in the meantime; washing fabric, cutting, etc. Does anyone else find that so unfulfilling? Doing all the work that I hate and then not being able to actually SEW anything? Terrible.

In a few weeks Crunchy Chicken's 'Freeze Yer Buns Challenge' officially begins. We will be keeping our heat at 60 degrees during the day and 55 degrees at night. We've upped the ante on our own and will try to go without heat until we move. Shouldn't be too hard, as the temps are supposed to stay in the 60s and 50s through October [with a high temp of 82(!!!) today].

It will be interesting to see how the new place heats. We have a programmable thermostat here which makes it SO easy to keep a handle on our heating. Hopefully the new place will have one, too. Also, here we live in a raised ranch townhouse; there will be a 3 story townhouse. So here if our heat rises it goes to the living area, office, and bedroom. No biggy. There if the heat rises, it will head up to the office and bedroom and out of the living area. Not so good. I'll report back in December, I suppose. Click on that cute little fox and join for yourself!

1 comment:

Crunchy Chicken said...

Glad to have you joining the challenge! I've heard that programmable thermostats are relatively easy to install, but don't quote me on that.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails