Friday, June 13, 2008

Pie Time

Finally! I awoke early enough this morning to finish the pie before work. It turned out delicious. Not necessarily the most appetizing looking pie (the filling is a bit watery), but it tastes great. And the crust is perfection; I subbed whole wheat flour for 1/2 C of the 2 1/2 C flour. Gave it a nice hearty taste. I'll be making another of these for a bbq/pool party on Sunday.


In non-pie news... I got fabric for one swap a few days ago. Hopefully I'll get that project washed and cut by Sunday. I'm angeling for this swap, so I want to get it done ASAP, as my partner has already been waiting for months. I'll post pictures when I'm done.

And my biggest accomplishment for today (yes, bigger than the pie) was getting our garden started. Husband and I spent a few hours at our community garden getting our plot ready and planting our first set of plants. This included tomatoes (-tas), green peppers, cucumbers, jalapeƱos, watermelon, cantaloupe, and several herbs. I'll be adding more as the week goes on, and in a few months, we'll have fresh produce!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails