Monday, May 19, 2008

Amy Butler Love

Who doesn't love Amy Butler? Her patterns and fabrics are amazing, and I can't wait to get my hands on a Birdie Sling pattern. This will be my next project (minus the little BTRS Artsy Clutch I have started at home). I'm actually going to get AB fabric for this one. I wish that we had places close to us that carried her stuff! I'm still trying to decide on which ones. How about these two?



In the mean time, I'll share a few of the other AB projects I've done in the past. First up, the Chelsea Bag. I think this might have been the first thing I sewed when I got my machine for Christmas in 2006. So cute! I made a few others after this one as gifts (alas, no photos to share, though). Love the fabric; blue and green paisley from Jo Anns. This was before I realized the beauty of home dec fabric for handbags. Better weight and way more durable.

Another AB project that I made was the Kitty Tunnel from her book, In Stitches. [Side note... why do I not yet own Midwest Modern? Don't I have a birthday coming up...] Our entire family loves (sort of) the Kitty Tunnel. It was a real beast to sew the fake fur, but it was worth it. Look at Zoe! She loves it (not really at all, but it matched the old pillows that I made for the couch, so it was worth a shot).

Anyway, my love for AB sewing stuff runs deep and this is not the last you've heard of AB from me. Perhaps later this week I'll have new fabric to post about. Birdie Sling coming soon!

1 comment:

Mymsie said...

I've been wanting to try that pattern. I heard it's easy-to-follow.

P.S. I just put that same yellow and white blobs fabric in my cart at Fabric.com - love it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails